Wednesday, September 15, 2010

no, really

So many good finds lately: cool black cowboy shirts, baseball gloves, old record albums....

But today, home from a long day of teaching, only time for a very short bicycle ride, just to stretch the legs out. I'll only be gone ten minutes, I swear, just a spin around the block. Really. I'll be right back....no time to scrounge.

Except that the one dumpster I look in, not six blocks away, turns out to be full of toss outs from a young woman of some privilege, it appears. So in I jump, and when I emerge a half hour later, I've scrounged purses, wallets, and Coach coin purses and make up bags. Clothes and scarves and Nike shoes and a big pile of jewelry. Soaps and shampoos and some eucalytpus and spearmint bath salts. Theatrical makeup and some sort of beaded flapper hat. And....

No, really, I'll be right back.

No comments:

Post a Comment